Show your love for Sheen. Support thought and culture that nurtures your mind and nourishes your soul.
Epiphanies of Beauty
April 4, 2021
As the most sacred time of year for Catholics and non-Catholic Christians all over the world approaches, The Sheen Center presents a virtual music series to accompany you on this faith journey.
Produced by former Sheen artist in residence Marie Scholz, the series was conceived to move audiences away from the fear wrought by the pandemic, elevating their spirits with compositions that focus on hope, rebirth, and renewal. The virtual concert will culminate on Easter Sunday with a sublime performance of Edward Elgar’s Nimrod.
Performances will feature work from Basilio Perez, Amberlight, Conor McLain, Edwin Fawcett, and Edward Elgar, and will be posted on The Sheen Center’s Youtube Channel @SheenCenter and Facebook Page @SheenCenter.
The performance schedule is as follows:
- Palm Sunday 3/28: Introduction with David DiCerto, Interim Executive Director of the Sheen Center for Thought and Culture.
- Monday 3/29: Basilio Perez: “Conquered My Nightmares”
- Tuesday 3/30: Amberlight: “Peace at Last”
- Wednesday 3/31: Conor McLain: “New Life”
- Holy Thursday 4/1: Edwin Fawcett: “Stronghold”
- Easter Sunday 4/4: Edward Elgar: “Nimrod”
The Sheen Center’s talkbacks are available for viewing on The Sheen Center’s Youtube Channel @SheenCenter and are broadcast live on our Facebook Page @SheenCenter. Follow us on both platforms to stay up to date on the most recent events.